Tai-Da Institute for Mathematical Sciences (TIMS) is located inside New Mathematics Building, National Taiwan University (NTU). The administration office of TIMS is at Room 403 on the 4th floor. We urge our visitor to come to 403 first for picking up his/her visiting materials.
NTU is located in the southern Taipei city which is an international city with attractions for almost everything. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport is 60-minutes away from TIMS or your hotel by taxi.
From Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to TIMS/hotels
Taxis are available at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport 24 hours a day. To ensure the safety of passengers, only the taxis approved by the Aviation Police Bureau are permitted to operate in the airport. For more details about taking taxi, see By Taxi
- Where: Taxi queues are outside the Arrival Halls of Terminal I (north side) and Terminal II (south side).
- Fare: The charge is 50% more of the price shown on meter (highway tolls not included). A typical taxi fare from airport to TIMS is about 1,200 NTD.
- For further information about Terminal I Taxis, call (03) 398-2832.
- For further information about Terminal II Taxis, call (03) 398-3599.
- To report a complaint about airport taxi service, call (03) 398-2242 or (03) 398-2243.
Taxi is a very convenient option for tourism in Taipei area. There are lots of yellow taxi over Taipei streets. You could take a taxi by making phone call (see below) or just raising your hand by the roads.
- Fare: Basic fare is 70 NTD (first 1.25km); the increasing rate is 5 NTD per 250m; waiting time fare is 5 NTD per 100sec. There is an extra night charge from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM for 20 NTD per trip.
- Calling a taxi: The information listed here is for reference only.
- Taiwan Taxi 4058-8888
- Taipei Star Taxi 2732-3333
- TIMS/hotels Information: Chinese information slip for taxi driver
- TIMS: New Mathematics Building, No.1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei. See NTU Campus Map (department version).
- Howard International House – Taipei: No. 30, Sec. 3, XinSheng South Road, Taipei.
- Leader Hotel – Taipei: No. 83, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei.
- Other Destination: Please see the maps below or contact us.
Taipei Metro (MRT of Taipei) provides convenient public transportation for visitors of Taipei. For general tourism information of Taipei Metro, please visit the website Taipei Metro.
The MRT stations near NTU are Gongguan station and Taipower Building stations of the Green (Xindian) Line; Technology Building station of Brown (Wenshan-Neihu) Line. ( see Route Map of Taipei Metro) More informations of these three stations:
- Gongguan station(Taipei Metro Gongguan station map):
- TIMS: Get out from MRT Exit #3; walk north along Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road to Main Gate of NTU; Walk along Royal Palm Blvd to the end; turn left at Palm Ave. TIMS is 300 m at the left.---- 20-min. walk.
- Leader Hotel – Taipei: Get out from MRT Exit #2; walk south along Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road to the hotel---- 3 minute walk.
- Taipower station(Taipei Metro Taipower building station map):
- TIMS: Get out from MRT Exit #2; walk along Sec. 2 Xinhai Rd. to the gate of NTU Sports Center; Walk by Drunken Moon Lake to TIMS ---- 20-min. walk.
- Howard International House – Taipei: Get out from MRT Exit #2; walk along Sec. 2 Xinhai Rd.; turn left at Sec. 3 XinSheng S. Rd. ---- 15-min. walk。
Technology Building station(Taipei Metro Technology Building station map):
- TIMS: Get out of the station; walk along Sec. 2 FuXing S. Rd. to the North Gate of NTU; walk through Mahogany Ave. to TIMS ---- 25-min. walk.
See NTU Campus Map (department version) for walking details.
Car rental is available at the airport as well as Taipei City. Car rental companies also offer driver-hiring services for tourists. The actual rates for hiring depend on on-site bulletin notice. Please contact car rental companies to confirm cost and budget. The information listed here is for reference only.
- HOTAI Leasing Co.: call 0800-024-550 or visit HOTAI Leasing Co. website.
- Airport Counter: The Service Counter at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport is located in the Terminal II, in the north Side of the Arrival Passenger reception area.
- Counter near NTU: Call 886-2-8914-5500. The counter is near the MRT Xindian City Office station of Green line. The address is No.317, Sec. 1, Beixin Rd., Xindian City.
- CARPLUS Auto Leasing Co.: Call 0800-222-568 or visit CARPLUS Auto Leasing Co. website
- Counter near NTU: Call 886-2-8931-0266. The counter is near the MRT Wanlong station of Green line. The address is No.221, Sec. 5, Roosevelt Rd.