Taida Institute for Mathematical Sciences (TIMS) launched its program in August, 2006. It is located at the Mathematics Research Center Building beside the Drunken Moon Lake. The program was initiated by the Academician Sinica Chang-Shou Lin, who was also the first director of TIMS. The director now is Professor Jing Yu of National Taiwan University.
Mission and Goal:
- To be a Mathematical center for interdisciplinary and inter-college study of mathematical sciences.
- To be an international mathematical center of knowledge innovation and outstanding research.
- To be a fostering center for mathematical talents.
- To be a communication platform among domestic or oversea academic institutions.
We hope that this institute can not only promote the cooperation for inter-college study of mathematical sciences, foster mathematician but also provide a platform for researchers abroad come back to Taiwan and increase international reputation of mathematics of Taiwan.
- Frontier Mathematics interaction and Stimulation (Principal Investigator: Prof. Jing Yu)
- Frontier Number Theory (Principal Investigator: Prof. Jing Yu)
- Algebraic geometry (Principal Investigator: Prof. Chin-Lung Wang)
- Geometric Analysis(Principal Investigator: Prof. Chang-Shou Lin)
- Efficient Matrix Computations and Optimization Problems inFrontiers of Science and Engineering(Principal Investigator: Prof. Weichung Wang)
- New Statistical Methods for High Dimensional and Functional Data from Modern Scientific Experiments. (Principal Investigator: Prof. Hung Chen)